November 16, 2010

The Trek To Texas

1. The Drive.
We spent exactly 24 hours driving 1200 miles to the great state of Texas. Not the most ideal method of transportation, but let's just say we survived, my dad is my hero for driving the whole entire way.

2. Jerry's World also known as Texas Stadium.
Jordan's one MAJOR request was to tour Jerry's world. It's massive and makes me want to become a Cowboy's fan and I don't really even care for the NFL. Well it's a must see (for those with sports fanatic husbands) if you're ever in the Dallas/Arlington area.

3. Fam-damily.
Malcolm and Jennifer hosted while my mom cooked a great family dinner as we watched the Rangers in the world series. Texas fans are intense, really intense. My two cousins Dylan and Caitlan are exactly Drew and Charlie's ages - so it was so cute to watch them play together. They became fast friends.
My grandma does go to the salon every week to get her hair done so it is a tad bit colored, but I think of all the red going on between Jordan family and my family, the color resembles my Grandma Mitchell's the most.

4. The Sixth Floor Museum.
John F. Kennedy, Jr. was assassinated in Dallas. And since Jordan and I kinda like going to musuems and seeing historical stuff - we went to check it out. So many conspiracy theories. Who really shot JFK?! I love downtown Dallas, it's such a quiant historical district. I loved walking the streets pushing a stroller with my little family.

5. Rehearsal Dinner.
We attended Taylor & Amanda's rehearsal dinner, where I think the funniest event of the whole trip occured. It will be the center of a family inside joke for years to come. I'll I have to say is "Go Rangers!" The written details would never measure up to the look on Jordan's face after such conversation with a total stranger.
 6. Exhaustion.
Let's just put it nicely that Carson wouldn't fall asleep earlier than 1 in the morning and by Saturday, we'd basically hit a brick wall of exhaustion. I cried.

In his defense, we didn't bring the pack-n-play, because all the other times we've gone out of town he would just sleep on a make shift bed we made on floor and then again he was sick.

7. Wedding! Reception.
Taylor & Amanda finally got married! They are high school and college sweethearts. They've been together for five years and had the cutest fall festive wedding. I was so excited for them, and was glad we made the trip to celebrate.


8. The Trek Home.
We did it. We survived another 24 hours. This time my mom wasn't with us, since she decided to stay. So, we definitely missed not having extra grandma hands but grandpa was a trooper driving the whole way. And our poor little Carson ended up having Croup.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics!

Kim Marx said...

Carson sitting on the football field star is my favorite picture. I would like that for Christmas.

Nycole said...

What a fun trip! How do you know Ashley? I ran into her mom at time out for women, she used to be one of my young women leaders in Washington. Small world?!?