May 25, 2011

Family Fun

Jordan and I decided that we wanted to take full advantage of our annual passes; so we planned a vacation for our little family...that turned into the whole family, which is always a good time.

Friday we spent the day at Disneyland. First on the agenda was to meet Mickey! Carson loves M-I-C-K-E-Y, M-O-U-S-E. It was quite funny, the majority of the kids cried in line scared at the sight of him.  Carson cried when we had to leave him. He was so mesmerized. It was the cutest thing. Pete, Terri and Sam joined us shortly after and we spent the afternoon riding rides.
 Dear Grandma Marx, I loved playing the piano. In Mickey's house they had one the perfect size for me and I cried when my turn was over. Love, Carson. 

Saturday we took Carson to the beach for the first time. He enjoyed the freedom to rom wherever he pleased; to pick up, throw, dig and even eat, yes eat, the sand; and it took some warming up too but he enjoyed playing chicken with the waves - running in and away from the tide. After some fun in the sun, we went shopping down main street. I love people watching in Huntington Beach, it seriously provided for great entertainment.

 
I love this picture of Terri. She is definitely in her element sitting on her favorite beach enjoying the nice breeze off the ocean.
 Let's just say some of the tides were about to gobble our little Carson up in one gulp.
 
That night we went to the Angels v. Braves game. Jordan loves the Braves, and the Angels. So when they play each other -- we just root for whoevers winning. We like to be neutral like that. The game went into extra innings, like 12 for a total of five hours. I was afraid Carson would be a handful after that long but surprisingly he did well. It did help that we had the whole family [well, I should insert Sam's name here, since Carson has this love-connection to him like no-other] to pitch in and take turns entertaining and Grandpa giving him unlimited supply of Coke ;)

Sunday we were back at Disneyland, it was crowded and the lines were long.. but we still managed to have fun. It really is funner going to Disneyland with kids. Carson is starting to recognize characters and have personality on the rides. He makes it so much funner.

2 comments:

Manda said...

Looks like so much fun! Carson is getting so big. I love his red hair so cute :)

Kim Marx said...

Way to tickle the ivories, Carson. Looks like you had a great vacation weekend.