This weekend was filled with family. My sister, Bekah came into town from Boston and Scotty & Ashley drove down from Provo so it was exciting to get everyone together for such important and sacred things. My nephew Drew was baptized. I didn't get any pictures of him but he is so stinkin' cute. Carson and him have some of the same looks and mannerisms that make me laugh. I'm still blown away that he is 8. That's so crazy to me that I can still remember the night Ashley was in labor with him, we were all so excited and anxious since he was the first. We went and waited at Summerlin Hospital for what seemed like hours, I eventually left to do homework at Gordon & Tami's down the street until finally we got word that he was here. I feel like it was just yesterday we were all doting and fighting over who got to hold him at the Roxford house... and now he's baptized!


The next day was Brynlee Saylor's big blessing day. It wasn't Fast Sunday in our stake, but we decided to do it since my family would all be here for Drew's baptism. It was perfect. Most of our family was able to come, and I took a new approach to simple. Sometimes I feel in my head the need to do lots, and I'm deciding that simple and less is how I function best. The luncheon couldn't have gone better. I didn't feel stressed preparing the food the night before, I had plenty of time in the morning to do last minute things and get us all ready and to church early. The day was just relaxed and I really enjoyed catching up with my family this weekend.

Brynlee's dress was so cute! I loved it!! I toyed with the idea of making it, or altering one but ultimately decided to just buy it. I'm a buy it kind of girl. I did end up making a simple satin bow when I couldn't find any at the stores or Etsy that I liked. I was really proud of myself of my last minute creation. I started twisting and gluing with not a clue how it'd end up but I was so thrilled with the result! She also wore the white booties my Grandma Marx made her. I love that little tradition I started with Carson, and continued with Brynlee.

Jordan gave Brynlee such a sweet blessing. I cried. I am so grateful for him, and the priesthood that he holds. He gave Brynlee blessings and promises that were so tender and sweet. I pray that I can be the mother to her, that mine was to me. To teach her, guide her and show by example that if she has faith in this gospel and stays close to our Heavenly Father, she will be able to experience so much joy throughout her life.
2 comments:
What a pretty little girl you have there. :)
It was all so nice. Brynlee's dress was beautiful. fun times.
Post a Comment