October 26, 2012

Carson update.

He's a big boy -- 2 years, 7 months! Holy cow, who knew it would go so fast. In a way it's flown by and then again, not really. He is a one-of-a-kind gem. Carson is a sarcastic little smarty pants. Which I expect nothing less as my son. If you know Zack and his personality, they mirror each other to a T, and it scares me. That just means I'm in for a real treat as this little boy grows.
 
He is OCD with routines. How he eats, says his prayers, when he goes to bed. His memory is sharp, and he doesn't forget. If you tell him he can do something after his nap, the first thing out of his mouth when he wakes up is whatever you promised him. He can't be tricked or persuaded, he just remembers. So I've learned I have to follow through on whatever I say or promise or I have one little disappointed boy. He loves to do everything himself and proudly states "I got it!" anytime he goes to do something.

The boy LOVES to sing and preform. He can sing word for word: A Child's Prayer; I Am A Child Of God; Love Is Spoken Here; Hello, Hello; Popcorn Popping; Marry You by Bruno Mars; Defying Gravity from Wicked and so many more... it's priceless to hear him!

Lately, he loves to play catch with the football, or kick it. You hold it, and he'll run and kick off, or he'll drop punt it to you. He's pretty coordinated at throwing and can throw pretty hard and far for a little guy. We're still working on his catching skills.

He loves electronics. He knows more about my iPhone and grandma's iPad than I do. He can climb up on to the computer chair and start clicking away at the YouTube videos he wants to watch. It's amazing and scary all at the same time.

He is a die hard Cougar fan, and will sing you the fight song. He loves watching football with Jordan, any team with white or blue uniforms is BYU, followed by "I go there! Mommy I go there, BYU!" Hopefully his loyalty will stick, because Jordan would love a companion to go to the games with.

His favorite foods these days are rice and bean beans from Cafe Rio. And you can't trick him because he knows where Cafe Rio is, so he knows right away when we're going somewhere else. He'll eat rice and beans from Chili's too, but prefers Cafe. His favorite include chicken nuggets and french fries, Campbell's chicken noodle soup, pork chops, chicken, corn. If you ask him what he wants for dinner he always responds, "spaghetti." He loves Oreos and frozen chocolate chip cookies. He insists on having his own water bottle to drink from (with his name on it). I put his name on it once, and now all of them have to have his name on it -- you do it once, you create a habit that Carson does not break, haha. He still loves his baba (sippy cup of milk) before bed and while watching Mickey no matter what time of day.

He loves watching Disney Junior every morning. He goes in phases of wanting Mickey, Special Agent Oso or Einsteins. He likes watching Good Luck Charlie and I think it's because he has a cousin names Charlie so he relates it to her, I'm not sure. His favorite movies to watch are Cat-In-The-Hat and 101 Dalmatian's. It's funny to me that he only watches the adult versions and doesn't like the cartoon ones.

I've been trying to have more playdates so he can get the hang of sharing. He's getting better but not perfect. He's still my little helper. He cleans up when we ask him too, and loves to help in the yard. He still looks forward to vroom vroom (mowing the lawn) with grandpa every Saturday morning.

He's not interested in potty training, which is a bummer to me. I ask him and his response is always: "tomorrow." So I'm not really pushing it yet, but one day I'll wake up and just do it. Until then, I still have two in diapers.

He loves sneaking up on people. He'll run and hide to jump out and scare you. Or he'll sneak into the room real quite (and by quite he's laughing and giggling the whole time) to scare you.



Carson's personality is contagious. He smiles, laughs and tries to bat his pretty long eyelashes if he's trying to negotiate or get away with something. It's hard to say no to him.... he has his tantrum moments but luckily they aren't that frequent and he'll snap out pretty quick once he realizes he's going to timeout. Overall, I can't complain about my curious, rambunctious, ball -of- energy little boy because he just brings so much fun and excitement to our family.

1 comment:

Janell said...

Thanks for posting about cute Carson. He is growing so big and it feels like he was still a baby when I lost saw him. It sounds like he has a mind of his own.....good luck with that!!