

Brynlee is no longer my baby, but a growing toddler. I feel like she's sprouted into a new little girl these days. She's had chronic constipation since she was born. She was clingy. Wanted to be held by me, and her zest/spunk for life was few and far between. I never realized until now that we've figured out her issues how miserable she must have been feeling all those days and times "stocked up." I mean the cries, grunts, screams and assistance (I nicknamed that part surgery, because that's basically what I was doing) to help in her relief was at times heart wrenching. Now that we've seen a specialist and established a good daily medicine dose for her "longer than average colon"... Wow. What a difference! This girl is full of life! She goes the bathroom completely on her own, something she'd never done the first 17 months and there are zero tears in the process. Her all-around demeanor is vibrant. She runs, plays, pretends and is starting to pick up words like: mama, dada, all done, thank you, more, shoes, night-night, bye, ball, hotdog, outside. She loves to do EVERYTHING Carson does. She's like his little shadow. He's not currently the biggest fan, but slowly learning he needs to share and include his sister. She loves being outside. Every morning after breakfast, she gets her shoes from her shoebox and wants them put on so she can go outside. She loves the water/sand table we have. Now if I can just convince Bryn that she shouldn't eat the sand, we'd be set. I sit back and smile as she gains this new found freedom for life. I just wish I could convince her to keep a bow in her hair.





No comments:
Post a Comment