March 16, 2014

Sunshine and Friends

The spring weather has been great! We love riding bikes. Usually, we ride around the neighborhood, park and occasionally to Carson's music class a few blocks away. This day I had to run to the store to grab some cheese I needed for dinner and since we weren't in a huge hurry, Carson thought it would be fun to ride together to FreshNEasy. It was an intense workout once we got home.


 Anytime we go to the store, my kids want "car" carts. Carson must have been tired, because some lady stopped me mid-isle and informed me my driver had fallin' asleep. Classic Carson.

My grandpa Marx handmade these picnic tables for all his children. So we had one at our house growing up and then we used them growing up when we went and visited cousins too. A few years ago when my grandparents were moving out of their house, my uncles were ditching things left & right and I salvaged this gem. It's been in my garage since Carson was a newborn and I whipped it out the other day and went to town sanding while the kids were playing. I need to stain it, but I'm excited to have this heirloom to use in the backyard.

It was finally time to do some yardwork: pull weeds, trim bushes and mow the lawn. I love our backyard. It's not big by any means but I've tried hard to accumulate yard toys that would make the kids want to be outside playing and make-believing more than inside whining, "what can we do?"

I saw this gem while sweeping the patio. I wrote in the wet concrete with a stick six years ago when we had first moved in. It's crazy that we use to walk the neighborhood when we were first married, thinking we'd live in this house maybe 5 years. Ha, now I can't even picture us going anywhere for a long time!

 The best is when the kids have ward friends over to enjoy the sunshine with. This day I had 7 under 4 all happily playing. The Youngs (Katelyn, Julia, & Jackson) and The Romrells (Elizabeth and Owen).




I've heard all this hype about Knickerbocker Park in Providence. I took the kids one afternoon and was somewhat disappointed in how small the play area was. I just imagined it to be so much bigger for some reason, but it was still fun! Carson and Brynlee loved the swings. Carson told me they were like Space Mountain swings.


We were invited this week to a birthday party at a indoor bounce house. Carson was in heaven. He would stop playing take one bite of pizza, then run back out. They had a toddler room with a bounce house maze and little side. Brynlee was always in there, unless she was dragging my hand to carry her up the big slide and go down with her. She loved that!



No comments: