I can’t believe it snowed – like really snowed, more than flakes – in viva Las Vegas! I’m not a fan of the cold, but for a Christmas that has just snuck up on us this year, it’s nice to feel like you live in a winter wonderland, if only for a couple of hours. I think it's those crazy BYU football players that brought the snow with them for the bowl game this weekend.
We had my work Christmas party at the Red Rock VIP Bowling Lanes, totally fun, and when we came out to drive home Wednesday night the freeways were a mess, and we decided just to relax because we were headed no where fast. It took us about an hour to get half way around the 2-15. But, I can’t believe Las Vegas drivers, they were driving like it was no big deal. It’s sad to hear about all the horrible wrecks that happened that night. I’m glad, and blessed we weren’t one of them.
My dad, the smarty pants that he is, thought it would be fun to drive to California to pick up a part for his busa car in that vicious weather. It took him 18 hours roundtrip, not to mention some off-roading in the middle of the night because the freeways were all shut down. When he and his brother (s) get together, Jordan said it best when he describes them as "two adventurous little school boys."
We had my work Christmas party at the Red Rock VIP Bowling Lanes, totally fun, and when we came out to drive home Wednesday night the freeways were a mess, and we decided just to relax because we were headed no where fast. It took us about an hour to get half way around the 2-15. But, I can’t believe Las Vegas drivers, they were driving like it was no big deal. It’s sad to hear about all the horrible wrecks that happened that night. I’m glad, and blessed we weren’t one of them.
My dad, the smarty pants that he is, thought it would be fun to drive to California to pick up a part for his busa car in that vicious weather. It took him 18 hours roundtrip, not to mention some off-roading in the middle of the night because the freeways were all shut down. When he and his brother (s) get together, Jordan said it best when he describes them as "two adventurous little school boys."
I love that my dad sent me this picture text message: this is me going nowhere FAST.
Jordan’s parents also had plans to go to Disneyland for the day. They made it to Jean before deciding the slick roads, and jack-knifing semi’s just weren’t worth the drive.
I'm glad the snow is melted and we can get back to our regular winter weather of little rain and NO snow, but I do LOVE looking at the mountains filled with snow as I drive to work in the morning! It desperately makes me want to call in sick and go to Brianhead.

I neglected to take pictures. But thanks to all those who sent them into the news - I can have pictures to share of the desert snow.


2 comments:
And I love how it completely skipped over our neighborhood! Wa-wa..lame
We went bowling at the Red Rock VIP lanes too!! It was really nice :) OH...and we should go bowling again sometime. I hope you two have a Merry Christmas!!
Post a Comment