December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving this year was laid back, relaxed, and felt like a nice holiday break from work and school.

I ended up having to work Wednesday the whole day, and not getting off early so I was overly excited to go home Wednesday night and know that I didn't have to wake up early again until next Monday!!

Thanksgiving day, I slept in and then lounged on the couch and watched numerous episodes of Law & Order: SVU on our DVR. Jordan headed out to Seastrand Park to play football with his boyfriends. I was glad he came home in one piece with no injuries or broken bones. The weather was raining, cold but it was relaxing to be all curled up on the couch.

In the afternoon, we headed over to Jordan's grandparents house for Thanksgiving dinner/brunch. It was fun to hang out with his cousins and talk. I learned Jordan loves Ham more than Turkey, who knew? We had lots of food. Honestly, I missed my mom’s (great grandma’s) frozen cranberry salad. It’s a Thanksgiving/Christmas favorite. Every other part of the year it’s just not the same. The exciting part of the night came when I beat Jordan at college football. Just kidding, I never had a chance but a girl can dream right? I actually scored 14 points, which is bomb considering I was only pushing buttons.

Friday morning, we picked up Bekah and headed out to Armagosa dunes to hang out with my dad’s side of the family that were out there for the holiday with all their toys. We went from toy hauler, to motorhome visiting will all the fam. My grandpa had football playing in his motorhome so we ended up in there a lot. I played lots of sudoku, my new favorite game. My dad’s new boosa car was a hit, although you’ll probably never see me riding in it. I think it’s too fast for it’s own good, I must be getting older and wiser, because I use to be a daredevil and now I’m just plain chicken.

Saturday, as Jordan watched football, I painted my bathroom! I’m in love with my amatuer straight lines. I learned the sweet trick here, and it worked. Although, it was lots of extra time, but so worth it. I was one happy camper as I was peeling the tape off. Now it makes me want to re-do the edges downstairs...one day.

We had a great extended holiday weekend. I love being with family!

2 comments:

Manders & Taylor said...

Sounds very relaxing :) We had the cran salad stuff at Malcolm's. I wish I could say I ate some for you but I didn't :(. I remember not liking it as a kid and haven't tried it again since.

Jason & D'On Marx said...

I love Sudoku. I just started playing it this year and am definitely hooked. I was going to buy myself some for Christmas, it's that bad! lol It was fun visiting you guys for that short time!