April 26, 2009

Weekend Work

Since I was proof reading for the second Saturday in a row...



... some adjustments to the computer chair had to be made. Jordan just thought this was the funniest thing. I do admit, this is a little extreme -- moving the sofa in front of the computer -- but it was well worth it. It was pure comfort! I should do it more often. And hopefully next Saturday when all Jordan's papers are turned in and the semester is practically over, I can clean all the massive stacks of journals and resources consuming every inch of our loft.
Little People, Part Deux
Drew and Charlie spent the night on Saturday. They were suppose to go home but long story short their parents were on an adventure of their own. We don't have any extra beds and I was too scared to have them downstairs by themselves on the couch. I wanted to be able to hear them. Jordan wanted to make a bed on the floor but Drew insisted on sleeping in the BIG bed and I just couldn't say no, he was so excited about it. He lined up the pillows and had a spot for all of us. Well, after Saturday night -- I've learned my lesson, no more kids sleeping in the bed! Haha, Jordan is not pictured nor did he ever join us. He spent the night on the couch. And I wish I had a picture of every hour I was up during the night. Those two munchkins turned and slept every which direction, I found myself next to Drew, then at the foot of the bed, at the bottom of the bed, on Jordan's side of the bed, then diagonally between the two, it was just craziness. But we LOVE them, and really enjoy having them hang out with us.

5 comments:

ashley said...

that's funny...but im definitely not surprised. its a total jenn thing to do!

Sara Bingham said...

haha! That's so true! I remember staying over night with Brock's nieces & nephews and the youngest one slept with us, no joke I woke up at 4 am with a foot in my face.

Cardalls said...

welcome to parenthood! :)

Ashley and Matt Marx said...

Wow I have never even tried to sleep with both of my kiddos. Thank you so much it was so nice of you to watch them for the night so willingly.

The Baroness said...

Jenn... I have to tell you what Emma said... she was looking at your blog and in the sweetest voice she said, "I love her. She's the best!" (I have never heard her talk to kindly about anyone EVER!)