Jordan usually rides up to Mesquite with his dad. Since his dad was out of town, we decided to tag along instead. We were along for the ride while Jordan made the rounds to the job sites and checked on things in Mesquite and Logandale. It totally reminded me of when I was little and I would tag along with my dad going from jobsite to jobsite or drop off checks to the workers on paydays. When I was a little older I would have to drive behind him when he moved equipement around town, and that was always interesting.
Everyone is always so fascinated with his red hair.
When I tell people my husband works in Mesquite, I always get the funniest looks and comments. Yes, he drives an hour each way, everyday, but once he's there he swears it's so much better than driving in Vegas traffic all day. It was nice to spend time with Jordan in the car. I like the car. There's something about it that just makes you talk. Not talking like laying in bed, totally exhausted and only half listening at the end of a long day but really communicating. We talked about life and our future plans and what we want to accomplish in the next year. It was just really nice and refreshing.
Mesquite is such an interesting town, in a weird way. It seemed like every neighborhood is on a golf course with tiny houses. They must all be old people. And it got me thinking, are there really enough people that live/vacation there to play golf on the gazillion courses in that small town? I just think I would be bored.
4 comments:
I think somebody's getting pudgy! Love, Love pudgy babies. Road trips ARE great for some fun talks. It's nice to plan for the future. I'm glad that you got to spend the day together.
Did you see the guy that fixed our flat tire!?! haha good times.
when andrew gets home you need to come compare him to Carson....i think he is twice as big :)
That last picture of Carson is precious! I love road trips with Taylor for that very same reason =)
Post a Comment