January 4, 2011

Goals.

I’m haven’t been one for making New Years Goals. But these ones I think are “do-able”, and if I write them down, maybe just maybe they’ll come to pass.

Since being married, I’ve fallen out of great “spiritual” habits I acquired while living on my own, when at times I felt so alone. Those were the times, and continued when moving back home that I felt in-tune with the spirit most. And it is all contributed to the efforts I made for reading my scriptures really often (I hate to use the world daily because let’s face it, I’ve never been great at that, but 4 out of 7 days a week would be really close). I did however, pray daily with a sincere heart for guidance and love in decision making during that time in my life. I want that back.

1. Get back to reading the Book of Mormon, more frequently.
2. Read Jesus the Christ. This one stems from our ward Relief Society challenge to read a chapter a week, and to me that’s do-able and I’m going to try. I even got Jordan’s copy from his mission from my in-laws last night, so I can’t even say I don’t have the book. :)
3. Have Family Home Evening every week. This one probably should be number one because it’s something that is the most important to me. Jordan and I have done it on and off since being married but I honestly want it to be a regular thing in my home as we have more kids and they grow up. I want Mondays to be family night/time. So right now, at this stage if it’s only turning off the tv and actually getting down on the floor and intently playing with Carson as a family for thirty minutes, were going to do it and then obviously as he gets a tad bit older we’ll begin with mini 10 min lessons.

And the regular I wish things:
4. Lose 15 pounds (that’s what’s left from Carson that I’ve been so extremely lazy in trying to get rid of).
5. Quit work. My time will come - one day.
6. Get pregnant. I would like my kids 2 to 2 1/2 years apart. Remember I am a planner, obviously everything doesn’t go according to plan and I’m ok with that. But having a plan gone wrong or astray, is better to me than having no plan at all. Case in point, Carson was suppose to be a June baby not March.
7. Be better at folding and putting away laundry. Jordan is AWESOME at doing laundry, so awesome that it piles up faster than I can put it away and nothing is more irritating than digging through baskets of clean clothes for something to wear and having clean clothes fall on the floor, and so on.
8. Cook more dinners. I know this will be shocker to some, but I’m actually a closet interested cooker. I want to cook. And I want to be good at it. But with every hobby and talent it takes time to learn, perfect and execute. We eat dinner at 5:30, sharp. So when you get off work at 5 - pick up a baby and have a 20 min commute home, doesn’t give much time to prepare something other than toss the veggies in the microwave or toss a salad together. Therefore, Jordan cooks and he’s good at it but I would love to be the one to have dinner ready for him sometime. My solution is the crock pot, so I’m going to run with it... wish me luck.
9. Cut out soda, and drink more water on a daily basis. And this one I think it going to be great. I am my mothers daughter and I need a straw. It kind of creeps me out to drink water from a glass and I don’t necessarily care for out of a bottle either but with this gem I got for Christmas, bottled water in a cup that screws on with a straw = happiness.

3 comments:

D'On Marx said...

Those are great goals. Good luck!

Kara said...

I like #5. my time will come soon too, right? Right?!

Stephen and Kjerstin said...

Good for you! =)