July 22, 2012

Waterboy

Carson loves water. Our fearless water boy, will jump off rocks, go down water slides and dunk his head with no fear what-so-ever. At times, my heart skips a beat or two with the things he tries. If a bigger kid runs and does a cannon ball, Carson will try too. The big kids were jumping off rocks, so Carson climbed up and does it too. Little boy thinks he's bigger thank he really is.

The Shields' neighbor's have a cool water slide in their pool. Mike invited Carson to try it out and boy was he in heaven. He couldn't get out of the pool fast enough after every turn to do it again.

Since the big kids have goggles, Grandma bought some for Carson too. He loves putting his face in the under water.

The Turners' are pretty much our family. Carson loves the girls like his own sisters. They invited Carson over to try out their waterslide. He was over for a couple hours and Kim said he never stopped going down the slide over and over again.




At our stake pioneer days celebration they had a bunch of bounce houses and waterslides for the kids. I brought Carson's swimsuit just in case he wanted to go down. Apparently, I wasn't fast enough going to our bag and back to get it, because Jordan and Pete sent him down in his clothes. Luckily, it was 110 degrees outside so his clothes didn't take too long to dry out.



I thought the waterslides were a little too high for a 2 year old, but he had no fear and was just having the time of his life running from one slide to the next.


Pioneer Days is always hot, but obviously more apparent when you're nine months pregnant. I kept wishing I would have had the baby by then so I would have an excuse to not go but no such luck. Some asked why I was there, and really, unless the babe came it didn't even cross my mind not going. Jordan's family has been involved in the North Stake Pioneer Days his whole life and it's a yearly tradition we love to be a part of. Besides, missing Carson's face going down the slides and watching an amazing firework show up close and personal makes it all worth it!
I stole this from Amanda off FB, I'm sure she won't mind ;)

1 comment:

Manda said...

I'm such a dummy at first I thought you did a picture collage like mine lol. I saw you walking for a second but didn't make it over to see you. I could tell you were ready for baby to come :)