April 10, 2008

am i the only one.

i've decided that i'm not the crafty mormon mom type (at least for now). i would rather go on etsy and buy something someone's already made or go to a cute craft show. i went to an uppercase living party tonight. and yeah vinyl lettering is way cute, and super trendy too. do i really want the same saying in my house that every other house i walk into has it too. then what if i don't want to put it on my wall, then what. i have to go find a glass block and make sure the embellishment i just spent ten dollars buying goes on right. or go buy a tile, piece of wood, paint it, etc. or i saw this cute idea where the lettering was on glass with wood edges. well how do you do that. d'on explained you just get a frame, glue the insides, add the lettering, flip it over and whala. doesn't sound to hard until i try it myself i'm sure. i'm really not that coordinated. then i got to thinking, i work every, all day long, i go to school at night, i always have homework to do, papers to write, it's hard enough trying to be domestic and cooking dinner every night (which i'm improving by far!), i dont have time to be "crafty." so i'll just stick to buying things for now. maybe when i have kids and i can stay home like everyone else, i'll learn to be thrifty.

7 comments:

Kara said...

You'll learn how to do it. It's better when you find some girls who are all into it and they have little get-togethers. I'm going to someone's how tonight to learn how to make hairbows. I never would've been able to do it on my own. I like crafty things, but I usually need a little help in getting started.

The Blake Family said...

you crack me up! most things are so easy, just take some patience! You might try Kittens & Gumdrops. they are a vynyl company that does awesome job and tend to be cheaper then Uppercase and others. My best friend actually owns it and she'll put the lettering on wood, blocks, or you walls! let me know if you want her info! (you can also come up with your own saying too!) hope you guys are doing well! talk to you soon!

The Blake Family said...

ps love the new layout! how do you get it like that with the cute font stuff?

{Jordan & Jenn} said...

i have a digital scrapbook program. but i never have time to sit down and mess around with it. so i hardly use it.

Cardalls said...

I'm with you jen! I am the epitomy of the non-crafty mormon mom (don't sew, scrapbook or stamp etc...). don't worry you can still be righteous and a good mom without it! I would rather buy it too...it stresses me, plus it never turns out cute.

Ashley and Matt Marx said...

Oh before you know it you will be darning Jordan's socks.

The Reedy's said...

I am so with you! I HATE crafts I don't know why they are supposed to be "fun" I just don't get it! I am glad to hear Sis Cardall say that I am still righteous though, I was a little worried about my salvation!