I must be odd, I read all these other blogs about how they love the fair. I've decided I'm not a fan. I know, sad. There wasn't much sightseeing for the long 2 hour wait from the Overton exit to the Fairgrounds. I don't like carnival rides, they make my stomach turn. Everything was way overpriced. It's either hot or windy outside. Saturday was hot. Although, not all was a waste, we really enjoyed the hypnotist. He was so funny!
The highlight of the trip, by far, was Drewsters! He was so entertained the whole time with every little thing. He wanted ice cream but instead of waiting in the long line, Great Grandma Marx told him she had some at the motorhome. We were all ready to get in the car and leave, but Drew was taking a bit too long in eating his popsicle. He wouldn't share with anyone and we were tired of waiting. No one wanted to be the bad guy, so I stole the popsicle, took a huge bite, which turned into Drew screaming, then he doesn't want the rest, so I threw it on the ground and we all jumped in the car. I'm so mean but good thing the crying only lasted a few minutes and he was out cold for the rest of the ride home. And by Sunday night dinner, he didn't remember a thing!
The highlight of the trip, by far, was Drewsters! He was so entertained the whole time with every little thing. He wanted ice cream but instead of waiting in the long line, Great Grandma Marx told him she had some at the motorhome. We were all ready to get in the car and leave, but Drew was taking a bit too long in eating his popsicle. He wouldn't share with anyone and we were tired of waiting. No one wanted to be the bad guy, so I stole the popsicle, took a huge bite, which turned into Drew screaming, then he doesn't want the rest, so I threw it on the ground and we all jumped in the car. I'm so mean but good thing the crying only lasted a few minutes and he was out cold for the rest of the ride home. And by Sunday night dinner, he didn't remember a thing!
4 comments:
Mean Aunt Jenn! haha. I haven't been to the fair since I was itty bitty.
awww, we are definately going to have to be more careful when he crosses the threshold of memory :P
And it was a big stick too. You can't take a big stick away from anyone! haha. j/k. Good thing he doesn't remember!
I was reading Matt & Ashley's blog and clicked on yours and read about the fair and had to leave a comment.
You're not alone in your dislike for the fair! We also went to the fair on Saturday and got caught in that awful traffic. I completely agree with everything you said. We thought it would be this fun thing for the kids, but it turned out to be a big dud! Our kids liked seeing the animals, but everything was too pricey and all the food vendors looked unappetizing. Needless to say we didn't stay too long and I don't think we'll ever go back!
Post a Comment