April 14, 2008

FamilyHomeEvening

Tonight for FHE, we went running in our neighborhood. We don't just do that on Mondays, but since its stays lighter outside longer, we try and go walking/running after dinner. We missed Koko this time around, hopefully we'll have her back next week!

And for our activity... we sat down and picked out our schedules for summer school and classes in the fall. School isn't Jordan's favorite thing in the whole world, but I love how dedicated he is in getting his degree. Its something thats so important to him, and I'm really proud of him for all his hardwork!
Before we read a few chapters together to end our FHE, I thought about Sunday and how it was one of those days, I felt like I go to church but don't ever learn anything being in primary. Don't get me wrong, I love the girls we teach! For four and five year olds they continue to amaze me every week. They are so smart! So to make up for my "lack" of gospel doctrine, as we read in the BOM, I wanted to focus more on studying and understanding the chapters we read, rather than just zipping through them. And tonight we/I did just that, at the end I thought about and talked with Jordan what the chapters meant and came away with "as a wife, even though we don't always know the big picture, we should always support our husbands." And that totally went with planning for school. I support Jordan in his education 110%. His sacrifice now will help, in the long run, better provide for our family and bring us more opportunities in the future. I'm so grateful for him and his decision to go and finish.


And then we watched The Hills!

7 comments:

Mandy said...

FHE as newlywed couples are hard but sounds like you guys do it great!

Rebekah Mills said...

keep FHE in mind when you register! The classes I have to take are always on M/W at 7:30pm and Dave's always working. Keep up the good work it only gets harder ;)

Kim Marx said...

Yeah to having FHE, reading BOM, going to college!, and The Hills?. I don't know much about that show, my kids have left and my coolness quotient is sliding down fast. I was just wondering does this show come with a dance on the couch to the opening song like you used to do with One Tree Hill?

Jason & D'On Marx said...

That's great! Jason and I have never been great at keeping on top of FHE! We're still working at it, though. Some weeks are rougher than others. It's great to read other blogs about their FHE's because it motivates me more to start or continue ours.

Manders & Taylor said...

I hear ya. School isn't my strong point but I want that degree. I have to study a lot harder than Taylor for something to stick but I just daydream of getting to walk on stage with my bachelors in psychology and that's going to feel great... so keep at it Jordan and keep the big picture in mind!

Cardalls said...

Look at you guys--so righteous in the FHE department. Good on ya! It was fun to see you for a second the other Sunday....hope you are loving your house!

dani said...

Of course I remember you Jenn! We lived next to eachother for a whole week a couple years ago! :) haha good ole EFY times.
It's crazy the people you find through blogging. I didn't even know you got married! How fun, you guys are so cute together! Married life is so much fun!