April 2, 2008

Reflections of Christ

Jordan and I were having a conversation the other night about General Conference, what his family does, how my mom made us sit in the room while it was on, we weren't allowed to sleep, had to listen, etc. I use to dread those days.. but it also made me realize how grateful I am for that example. I had a friend growing up where stake/general conference where church holidays in there family and they always went out of town to the lake or the sand dunes. Now, I could never think of doing that, I really look forward to conference, especially General Conference. I love laying on the couch and listening, this year its my goal to take notes. The instruction and guidance received during conference is a blessing I can not afford to miss. I stumbled across this photography website the other day, and the pictures are beautiful. As I sit and ponder my Reflections of Christ, I am so grateful for prophets and apostles on the Earth today to lead and guide our church.

4 comments:

Kara said...

The General Conference that had a huge impact on me was October 2005. We had been married 5 months and had moved to a place that had no family, friends, or familiarity. Every single talk given, I felt, was directed towards me. I needed to hear so much of what was being said. Taking notes is a great thing to do. I'm also glad for the wonderful example I had growing up. No one can afford to miss what is shared with us every six months.

The Heaton's said...

hey jenn! thanks for your great post, what a blessing it is to have the opportunity to hear from our wonderful church leaders so often.

it was fun to meet you guys the other night! you guys are a lot of fun! we will definitely have to plan some parties this summer. i'm still not sold on this whole vball idea but we'll see. take care, talk to ya later.

Manders & Taylor said...

Hey off to your "we're related" list, Brandon&Keia, how is Keia pronounced? Jus curious. How's it going with the house??

{Jordan & Jenn} said...

I don't know Keia, like the car brand Kia. She's Jordan's cousins wife, and a totally fun girl.

THe house is coming along great. Still organizing but maybe I'll post some pics tonight.