
I couldn't find my camera,
Sewing is something that I’ve always had bouncing in the back of my head of something I’ve wanted to learn. Well I got the itch, and wanted to learn how to make a skirt. My mom to the rescue volunteered to teach me. I’ve always admired her sewing skills. Growing up she always made our Halloween costumes, sewed cute church dresses, prom dresses and could pretty much amaze us with her sewing skills. Saturday ended up being the prefect day. Jordan was pre-occupied with all the football games scheduled so I headed out. My mom took me to Hancock Fabrics to pick out a pattern and get all the necessities. We browsed through the clearance rack and found the cutest red and brown paisley fabric that would be the cutest skirt. Throw in some ribbon and a zipper and we were off. It was so much fun! She taught me the basics and tricks of the trade. Laying out the fabric, ironing every seem, go slow, be patient. I must say I tried to put in the zipper three times without fail, so I needed some extra help with that one. This learning experience pretty much took up the whole day, but the end result was so worth it. I was so excited! That night I wore my new skirt to stake conference and couldn’t stop looking at it. I really made it and it looked so cute!
7 comments:
Super cute. Good job on trying new foods. Plus thanks for the heads up on Fresh and Easy love that store now.
Cute, cute skirt! I would sew if I had a machine. Maybe someday I'll get one.
That is so cool! Back when I worked at the vet clinic, one of the doctors I worked for made me a scrub top and I love it! I don't really have a knack for sewing but I would really really like to learn to knit/crochet. Have a good week!
You are becoming so domestic! I'm going to start calling you Martha pretty soon--:)
really cute. I really want to learn how to sew! Took a class a while back-learned nothing. My mother in law said she will teach me, but havent gotten around to it yet.
(My mom always made stuff for us too- but for some reason never taught us how to sew...rude!)
i actually love to sew, even though im not that good and alwasy need a refresher course each time i decide to start a project because i dont do it enough.
such a cute skirt. can you make me one? you can take my measurements when you come help me paint my house. haha ;)
Cute skirt, girl. You're going to turn into a domestic goddess soon. When you're ready to give me some sewing lessons, let me know.
Post a Comment