September 23, 2008

Step Out: A Walk For Diabetes

On Saturday, my work was participating in the walk/run for diabetes. I went with Matt, Ashley & kids and we had a grand 'ol time. One of my bosses also owns Fleet Feet Sports, so he gave us some shirts to advertise ;). It was fun going up to Spring Mountain Ranch. Its the perfect escape from the city to be out in nature. The weather was perfect, although the running/walking trail was more of a hiking trial. It didn't make very much room for all those participating, strollers, and dogs included but we still managed to endure to the end. Drew had to walk the entire way if he wanted to go home. He is such a funny kid. I've decided I want to be a planner like Ashley - she made us a picnic so after the race we went and relaxed in the green field with our own little picnic - who would have thought? Genius.
Thanks for taking me, one day I will convince Jordan that being active outside is so much cooler than "1st down Cougars." But until then.. I'll just keep doing my thing.

We are best buds, until he chokes me to death!

And, please excuse the close up. Drew likes taking pictures, we just need to work on his zooming skills.

No comments: