My dad’s present, since my parents birthdays are a day apart was the joy of teasing my mom for two weeks on knowing what her present was – and watching her squirm. We all joined the next night at our house for dessert and to sing to my dad.
January 8, 2009
Birthday Night
We surprised my mom for her birthday with a ‘night out’. We found out that if you donate blood that they were giving out free tickets to Penn & Teller. So it was the perfect fun and most inexpensive way my siblings and I could figure to celebrate the mandatory Marx family holiday. We missed Brad & Kara, but we thought of you!
It was so much fun! I made reservations at Maggianos, and requested a window seat. I just figured it would be fun to be by the windows and see the strip. Well, they gave us our own private room in the winery. I kinda got scared when we walked in because I thought it cost extra and that wasn’t my intentions, but it ended up being where they sit bigger parties. Dinner was so good. My mom hates being sung too, but since we all by ourselves, it was appropriate.

After dinner, we went to the Rio to see the magic show with Penn & Teller. My mom was so surprised, she had no idea. The show was really good, I liked it. Jordan wasn’t the biggest fan, but he says its because he had to listen to Penn talk the whole time (Teller’s character doesn’t talk at all).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Looks like we missed a fun night! I told Brad that if we had to give blood for the tickets, they'd probably want his over mine. He said he would've had Jordan go for him :)
That sounds like so much fun!
I like the picture with the girls! I'm glad the celebration turned out to be such a success!
Post a Comment