It's finally hit me, I'm going to miss my girls. They were so cute and spunky. It's a fun age when they're done with pre-school and start kindergarten. They talked about their playdates, and all about their parents! Sending them cute princess cards is on my to-do list this week. :) I especially am going to miss the times like two weeks ago a mom came up to me and asked if I would comment about how cute her daughter looked wearing a white shirt underneath her jumper and that it was modest, etc. I guess the girl broke down in tears telling her mom she wasn't beautiful if she made her wear the white shirt. It's crazy how influential as teachers we are. They soke up everything we say, which totally could be a good thing or bad, haha.
Primary can be a drag. It's hard sometimes feeling like your babysitting and missing the adult lessons in sunday school and relief society, but as I prepared the lesson tonight, the principals are all the same no matter how big or small. I'm still learning new things even with these simple lessons for four year olds. I'm grateful for my calling and this is going to be a good year!
Our new class has boys, and they outnumber the girls 5 to 4. That's going to be a change. I wonder what they will be like? Probably rambunctious.
3 comments:
Good for you Jen! I think I need to take your advice and put more into my calling so I can get more out of it. Thanks for the post!
I'll bet you are such a fun Primary teacher, I know my kids would love you!
Let me know when you get the sugar cookie thing down. That's one I definitely have not mastered. Thanks for the motivation to be better in my calling. We all need a little pep talk once in a while.
Post a Comment