Primary is going good. A general observation, boys don’t like to color as much as girls. They take all of point five seconds, only use one color, and staying within the lines is out of the question. This year, coloring is just not their thing.
Boys chit-chat way more than girls, really they do! This surprises me the most, but they are competitive, so it’s more like bantering back and forth.
My new approach, that’s going well thusfar, are activities that go along with the lesson that keep them focused doing something or having a turn the whole time. For our lesson this week, commandments that help us make right choices in order to lead us back to Heavenly Father, I cut out some arrows and placed them in different spots throughout the foyer in front of our class (i.e. the couch, picture, door, drinking fountain) and with every arrow they found had a clue on the back to were they could find the next arrow leading them back to our classroom. It was fun and the kids enjoy walking(running) to find each arrow.
Note to self: It’s a rough crowd when you bring treats every Sunday and then forget. I did forget yesterday, and it was hard breaking the news to the children. I even considered lying to them hoping they would forget by the time their parents came. But I fessed up, and told them the truth. I did indeed forget treats. I really shouldn’t feel bad because treats are not required for such calling but I’m just a sucker for treats and think all primary classes should get them.
2 comments:
Coloring would require sitting still and concentrating for more than 10 seconds. My boys still don't like to color (Tyler is getting into drawing these days). And if you get them talking, yes they can be chatter boxes...until they turn 14 or so I've heard!
Every Sunday I ask Emma about class and she has lots to say about what she learned... and has never mentioned the treat thing so obviously it's not traumatic for her not to get her treats. Don't feel obligated to bring them treats. Make them earn it!
Post a Comment