January 20, 2009

my new love for house cleaning

I’m in love with my new vacuum. And this is because it works. It really really works. We spent like $200 when we moved into our new house on a DirtDevil vacuum that was suppose to be awesome and it was crap. It always had the burnt smell like you ran over something, took forever to vacuum one room because nothing seem to be picking up, and it was just more of a pain to use, so our carpet was more than neglected these last several months. We were having company over so Jordan ran down the street and borrowed T&G’s to vacuum the downstairs and theirs was a champ. Finally, Saturday we went over to Walmart and purchased the exact same one and I’ve been vacuuming ever since! Every inch of our house has been vacuumed and re-vacuumed just for peace of mind. I’m tickled, it really makes my day. I love when the carpet has vacuum lines running from one end of the room to the other and when I can feel the fluff shag between my toes. It’s a beautiful feeling.

I also loved not having to go to work on Monday. I played with my mom, ran some errands, priced out my "vision" of another home-improvement project, and spent the evening watching a movie, making home-made pizza & breadsticks (that turned out so yummy!), and just being lazy with Jordan.

5 comments:

Kara said...

Great minds think alike. We had homemade pizza last night too :)

Now do share what vacuum you have. Ours is horrible.

Manders & Taylor said...

Hey we just splurged for a better Vacuum too! We got a Bissell Proheat 2x for all the pet stains =/ But it worked! I do like your carpet, ours is icky and old. Sounds like Monday was the perfect day for you. Taylor and I did a little running around ourselves. Is your mommy feeling better? I heard she was hella sick with the flu.
<3Amanda

Rebekah Mills said...

The vacuum lines on carpet are my favorite. Houses smell better when recently vacuumed too. :)

Jason & D'On Marx said...

LOL! I gotta kick out of that story. I do agree that a good vacuum makes cleaning that much better. I think vacuuming is my favorite chore to do.

Steph said...

Which vacuum did you get? Parker and I started registering the other night and I had no idea which to register for!