Ian came home from his mission last week. Jordan was so excited to see his brother. I’ve heard about him for the last year and a half but had never met him. We had one awkward phone conversation the Christmas right after Jordan and I were married that lasted all of three minutes. Jordan’s siblings made sure to hype up the awkward-ness. Although, I can be out-going, I tend to be quite and reserved at first. This was the case at the airport and dinner afterward. I just stood by Jordan and didn’t say much.
He's such a good guy and we enjoyed hearing some of his mission stories from Florida. Yesterday he began his "ward" tours of speaking in the singles ward. Next week will be his homecoming in his home ward. And if you're feeling kinda young, he'll be the guest speaker at a youth fireside the week after that.

Two years ago when I was in the singles ward, our FHE was to write missionaries from the ward. Ian happened to be one of the missionaries that I wrote a nice friendly note too just to say hi. In the meantime, I started hanging out and dating Jordan. Ian wrote me back. I showed Jordan when we were serious, "Hey, look your brother wrote me a letter." I didn’t know it would re-surface as the Sunday dinner conversation yesterday. We had good laughs. He thought I was conceded. Jordan told him on the phone on Mother’s Day, he didn’t even like me. Well, guess he changed his mind.


No comments:
Post a Comment