I don't think anyone dislikes camping as much as me. It's just not my thing. So it still baffles me as to why they think I make such a great Camp Director. Blah.This marks year TWO. I've been stressed out like crazy. I have seven days to pull off the impossible with a holiday ackwardly thrown in. Which actually helps that I get a couple days off work to get together last minute details. Camp is always on my mind. Making lists, and more lists, and more lists. I'm sick of lists. But the girls are SO EXCITED, which makes me excited. I was so sad not to have my Susan guiding, directing. She is that good, stake just had to snatch her up. I still call her daily with millions of questions, like a kid, but it's her carefree go-with-the-flow mentality that's so comforting. I really try strive to be like that. I have major unorganized OCD, you're so organized, you're unorganized. Somewhat out of control, but I swear it's all in my head :)
This year, I have a new sidekick Dawn. She's pretty much amazing too. She knows how to cook using a Dutch Oven, bonus! She got called so late in the game but has jumped in full force, seriously an answer to my prayers. I really don't know her that well, {partly the fault of our ward being somewhat big and me being not that social} but she's great and so funny. She'll be a blast to spend the week with!
We have more than doubled the girls going from last year, which maybe partly why I have total anxiety. They are the bubbliest, most talkative girls. Constant chit-chatter. I can already forsee late night tent sessions of giggling and shh-ing.
3 comments:
Um remember me I hate camping way more than you do! It's pure torture for me!
Thanks for commenting on my blog the other day.
I had no idea you were camp director. I'm YW president and I don't have a director so I've been planning it all. I totally could've used some input from an expert like you (since this is your second year!) I hope it goes well, I leave on the 15th so if you're back before then I would love your input on what went well and what you would've done differently.
Good luck!
If you didn't do such a great job you might have gotten released. I have been hearing Susan rave about you for an entire year!
Post a Comment