May 22, 2013

Disneyland Trip

Some things should be disclosed before marriage, but I guess I should have had a clue when we went to Disneyland together the summer we were dating, and twice while engaged, or the annual passes we'd had now three out of five+ years of marriage. I married into a Disney family. Jordan loves vacationing to Disneyland and I enjoy tagging along. It's sub-prime people watching, which it by far my favorite pastime.

We've been saving our pennies to go for the last 6 months. It blows my mind how expensive its getting, I feel like the prices just keep going up! But we did it, and are once again annual pass holders so at least this year we'll get our monies worth.

Carson is at the age where everything is so magical to him. He was fascinated by everything. He loved every ride and cried when he wasn't tall enough to go on. He always (well minus one complete and total tired meltdown) had a huge grin from ear-to-ear. He refused to eat or nap the entire two days. Honestly, I think he thought he'd miss out if he stopped to eat. Brynlee was a gem, riding like a champ when she could, napped great in-between and was content being held to watch while her brother enjoy each and every ride he could. My arms did get tired holding her, along with everyone else. After while, she's like a sack of potatoes and my arms and shoulders were throbbing.

I love that we never go to Disneyland with a plan. So not my usual style, but I feel so relaxed that way. Especially having an annual pass. We walk casually, go on whatever rides strikes our fancy and if the lines are too long we skip it. No big deal. We'll get back to it -- and if not, there's always next time. We jump back and forth between parks, for specific rides and food. We are officially becoming a Disney-fanatic family.

No comments: