May 10, 2013

Life Update.

Jordan and I are doing well. I'm finally feeling settled into a somewhat routine in our home. I never feel quite on top of laundry, I'm constantly stepping on or picking up toys, or loading the dishwasher but I'm trying to prioritize and manage my time best. I use to think a couple of years ago when I was newly married and working, that 'when I'm a stay-at-home mom' I'll have all this free time to play, clean, cook, run errands, sew, craft, put the laundry away and the list goes on... Oh, was I so misinformed! I feel so busy and overwhelmed now that I almost think it would be easier to go back to work at an office
full time but when I crawl into bed exhausted, I really am grateful for the time I have at home with Carson and Brynlee, it really is what I've always wanted and I'm glad Jordan and I can make it work.

Jordan still loves working for his dad in Mesquite. Yes, he drives everyday to Mesquite and he really doesn't mind at all. Actually, he tells me all the time he'd rather be working there than here, so he commutes. He's enjoying his calling in the stake young men's. Sundays are the busiest, and some weeks he's gone to other wards but luckily Garrett & Trisha are in our ward and they help me out big time with entertaining the kids. Then he has quite a bit of activities here and there during the week days. I've adopted my mom's motto of the big calendar growing up: if it doesn't make it on the calendar it doesn't happen. I'm just prepping for when I actually have to chauffeur our kids around and be in two places at once. 

I am finishing up my last couple classes of college... just a few more this summer!! I will be so glad when it's over and I'm not in school anymore. It's been this lingering thing on and off the last like 8 years and I'm beyond over it but I am bound and determined to cross that goal off my list! I've enjoyed substitute teaching a few days a month this school year. I've made good friends and contacts at one elementary school so I basically only sub there. Which is so nice to already know their schedule and school routine. My mom is pretty much amazing for always watching my kids for me. I still work from home for Tom too. I enjoy the law and anything related, and I love criminal law. Jordan jokes I should go to law school and he'll stay home-- ha! I don't think that is in my deck of cards but I really like keeping in the loop working for him especially since I can do it from home and get paid. It's a win, win for us both. It can make for some early mornings and late nights on my computer but I'm grateful for the rare opportunity to work - and stay home.

We BBQ'd and had watermelon for Sunday dinner this week and that means summer is just around the corner... my favorite part of the year! Bring on swimming, my all-time favorite past time.

Lastly, we have our two cute munchkins. I feel like I take so many pictures of them on my phone and then never journal about them. So in no particular order...

Watching and listening to conference is near next to impossible with two little kids

Carson loves to listen to music with headphones. He turns on my iPod, puts his earphones in, and goes to town signing his heart out and dancing around the house

Can you believe this little gem I found outside someone's house for the trash?! One of the legs was broken, so I put some screws in it and it's as good as new for my little kiddos to enjoy.


I think we're the only parents that take little kids out to dinner with us. Carson's favorite place is Cafe Rio and ALWAYS wants to go there. So we bribed him with a milkshake to change it up and go to Chili's.


She refused to sleep in her carseat for days, I was so excited when I looked back one day to finally see her bite the dust.

No comments: