June 1, 2013
This Potty Business
I attempted to potty train Carson last summer. He was a little over 2, I was 8 months pregnant and let's just say I threw in the towel after like day two. He wasn't interested. I was fat and tired and frankly, not interested either. I never intended to wait this long but in true procrastinator Jenn fashion, I decided in May I probably should get on it. After we got back from Disneyland, we woke up and the big boy underwear came out. That was it. No plan. Just business. Potty business. Day one began with accidents all morning, until I saw the look on his face that he needed to go #2. I scooped him up, sat him on the potty, and I sat on the floor next to him. We talked it out, he did it! #1 and 2. I was a little overly proud and excited so we did the "potty dance." And the rest was history. He was so excited to go. He wanted to dance and sing at the top of his lungs "Carson went the potty! Carson went the potty!" And that is exactly what we did in our living room. He wanted to call his dad, and pretty much tell anyone he saw. It's been cute. Since then we've had great success. On day two, he had 2 accidents and by day three, I'd say we are full on potty trained. And how'd I accomplish such a task? On accident. Doing something MY child loves to do, dance and sing -- and make that his exciting reward. My only downfall, we do the potty dance after every time now. Ha, I might be dancing til he's in his youth so beware.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay for Carson! And Yay for mom! You made this sound very easy. Consider yourself lucky. Some moms really struggle with this one:)
Post a Comment