Saturday is our morning work day, and by work it's usually yard work. We love having real grass, plants and big trees instead of the typical desert rock landscaping. That just means that every Saturday during Spring and Summer it needs to be mowed, trimmed and cared for. It's become a little Saturday morning routine for our family and it's great to be just be outside with Jordan and the kids enjoying our backyard. Carson loves playing in sand. We play in the sandbox at the park, the small outdoor sandbox I bought Carson last year decided to stay at Grandma & Grandpa's so we knew we were going to need one in our own backyard, we've just been debating when, where and logistics. A couple Saturday's ago, Jordan was getting ready to mow and throw down some cow manure when we started talking about our "different" visions for the sandbox. I wanted it in one spot, Jordan had a different spot picked out. And the more we discussed the more I just wanted to do-it, rather than talk about it. So that was that. We figured out with the help of a few tutorials online what we needed to build it, and off to Home Depot I went. It ended up turning into our entire Saturday project, it wasn't simple by any means but I love how it turned out. It has provided HOURS of entertainment for Carson and even Brynlee too. It's big enough Jordan and I can sit in there and play too or Carson can have his friends over and it gives them all their own space to dig. The spot turned out perfect. It's shaded the majority of the day, minus about two hours in the late afternoon. The sand is beach sand so it's cooler and so much easier to build sand castles, which is all Carson wants to do anyway. I love how it turned out. I just have to figure out some sort of cover for it.
BEFORE:
AFTER:
No comments:
Post a Comment