July 25, 2013

Happy 1st Birthday Brynlee!

Our little Brynlee Saylor turned ONE! She is full of sass and spunk and is very much a momma's girl. She prefers me over most, but is beginning to choose daddy and Grandpa Shields too. It makes me tired some early evenings from holding her and I begin the "mom dance" when she's whining and tugging my legs to be held. She's pleasantly plump, happy and healthy measuring mostly in the 95% for weight & height. She walks and runs everywhere and wants to be right with Carson doing whatever he is. He doesn't reciprocate the love, we're working on being nice, but Carson mostly just pushes her down and tells me she's bothering him. She's just a busy little bee.

Brynlee is right handed. She loves to eat table food and has to have a fork. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is the only show she'll perk up to or show half interest, but has yet to sit and watch a show like Carson did. For the most part, she sleeps through the night and takes two good naps a day. She loves sippy cups, and recently learned how to sip threw a straw. Her red hair attracts the sweetest comments from complete strangers. It's finally long enough for mini ponies and pig tails. She dislikes bows, or anything in her hair and usually hanks out anything I try to put in. I'm in love with her laugh and giggle. It is quite possibly is the cutest thing ever.
On her birthday, we invited the family over to swim, with a little BBQ and cake & ice cream. Simple and sweet just like our baby girl! I know I wanted a boy because at the time I was trying to be practical that I already had everything for a boy -- but in hindsight I'm so grateful to have a little girl. I'm excited to be her biggest cheerleader in life, and share in all things girly with her. I love doing her hair, and buying cute leggings and fun shoes she outgrows by the weeks. She is just the perfect addition to our family and we adore her to pieces.


No comments: