July 22, 2013

Pioneer Days Celebration

We went to Pioneer Days last weekend with the North Stake. It was very memorable to say the least. During Friday nights dinner, thunderstorms rolled in at lightening speed dumping rain, and hail on the hundreds of people congregating throughout the park with their picnic dinner. We rushed to the church building next door to take cover, like many others. It was the craziest weather I've seen in July in a long time. Everyone was soaked from head to toe.

Saturday we enjoyed the carnival and even preformed with our ward in their encore roadshow performance of Up. Carson got onstage and sang with Trisha & Garrett, while Jordan and I joined the chorus section. It was cute and fun.
Leslie & Ian

The storms rolled in again that evening and they lighted off fireworks just in the nick-of-time before the rain, hail and winds came back with a vengeance. I took the kids and spent the evening in the toy hauler while Jordan helped take-down the event. I'm sure going to miss the perks of having access to the toy-hauler at Pioneer Days, when it's blistering hot (or in this case, raining cats and dogs).

No comments: