August 9, 2008

Huntington Beach

We're back from a week in paradise, complimentary of Jordan's parents. We stayed in a beach house minutes from the beach by foot. It was so fun hanging out with Jordan's family and we're so glad we got to go. Our week was full of relaxation, shopping, baseball, xbox football legands, Disneyland, and lots of sand, sun & surf!
Sunday: We played on the beach. I learned how to really boogie board, and I caught some pretty good waves. We ate at our favorite Dukes Restaurant, and went to Disneyland to ride the new Toy Story ride. I'm excited to say I beat my competitive husband. What now! The firework show was, as usual amazing!
Monday: Beach Day. Brad, Kara & Hallie came up from San Diego to play. It was so fun watching Hallie explore the sand and get use to the water. They were great guests and we're glad they came up to have some fun with us. I volunteered to get buried in the sand. It's not so keen when you get out and can feel the sand in every creves of your body. That night we went to an Angels game. Jordan was in charge of taking the boys 'early' to watch them warm up and batting practice. Well I guess my husband's sense of direction is a little off, even with a navigation system. His nicknamed gps 'Judy' took them to Long Beach. He ended up in rush hour traffic for two hours and taking the wrong freeway exit because of her. I guess next time I need to ride with him to be the co-pilot. They made it to the stadium the exact same time as us and we left 2 hours after them. Poor Jordan was the brunt of many Long Beach jokes the rest of the week and probably will for more trips to come. We were a little scared when Rodriguez gave up our more enough lead over the Orioles in the bottom of the 8th inning but the Angels didn't let us down and we pulled of the win. Jordan says our kids are going to be Angel fans, ok - ok.
Tuesday: Kayaking in Huntington Harbour. This was so much fun! We rented two-man kayaks and rowed through the water streets of the harbour oohing and awing over some of the most gorgeous multi-million dollar homes with their large yachts tied off to their personal docks. It was a fun little adventure tucked away off the highway. It just made me want to ask the owners what they did for a living, ha! Tuesday night Pete, Terri, and I left the boys playing xbox and rode downtown to the Mainstreet Market. On Tuesday nights they block off Main Street and have a farmers market with food, entertainment, and discount shopping!! It was a blast shopping at HSS and Jacks buying Roxy & Hurley for 50% off! I'm a sucker for boys clothes and I'm glad my husband lets me dress him... I got some awesome deals.
Wednesday: Beach Day, actually 'burn day'. I'm pretty much a white girl. I'll never be tan, I could careless that I'm not tan, and by now you would think I was smart about it. I lather myself in sunscreen and today for some reason I thought I did. Boy, did I think wrong. I hosed down my face, arms, back but somehow over looked my legs, I must have forgotten them or skipped over them. Definitely not on purpose. In conclusion, they fried like lobsters, red burned lobster. I spent the night soaking in Alvera, wet towels and bags of ice. I was such a happy camper. ;)
Thursday: Disneyland! It was Zack's friend Jake's birthday. We made him wear one of those dorky birthday pins, so everyone and their mom would wish him a Happy Birthday. And everyone did, it was great. I'm glad he was such a good sport about it. Once again, I whooped Jordan on Toy Story, but to give him some credit he totally killed me on Buzzlighter. We rushed home in time to watch the last half-hour of BB10, holler Michelle won HOH and the big headed dork went home. I'm a fan of their alliance but Jesse set himself up. Moving on, We sang to Jakie, and Jordan and I spent the rest of the night trying to steal wireless Internet from the neighbors so he could do some summer school assignments.
Friday: Beach Day. The beach was packed with sun soakers just like us. Probably the busiest day this week. It was our last day watching the junior lifeguards being dropped from a boat in the middle of the ocean and swimming into shore and then having to run back to the pier. We buried Zack, then the boys made a mermaid out of him. He looked stunning with a bigger chest region, ha kidding! Pete built a build castle mound with a through and through bridge - we thought it was cute some young kids wanted to come over and help him until they got destructional and ruined it and tried to run off with our sand toys, all while their parents watched and laughed - stupid people.
Saturday: It was time to pack up and come home. It was the first day we woke up before 10 a.m. Our week of relaxation has come to an end. Now we have to prepare a Primary lesson, do mounds and loads of laundry, and go back to work on Monday. So long, farewell until next summer. We'll miss the beach. Thank you so much Pete & Terri...
we had a blast!

8 comments:

Ashley and Matt Marx said...

That sounds like so much fun. I hope your lobster legs are better.

Mandy said...

sounds like a fun family beach vacation. im really going to hate moving back to vegas after living in san diego for 2 years. i dont know if a few weeks during the summer is going to be enough of a beach fix for me.

Kara said...

Thanks for letting us tag along. We had a great time. I hope your legs are feeling better. Brad had a pretty hard time since he got pretty burned on his back, arms, face....

Kim Marx said...

Where are the pictures?
Angels fans, are you kidding me? C'mon, head over to Dodger Stadium, or down to the Padres, but Angels? Ughh

Rebekah Mills said...

sounds like you had so much fun! now its back to reality.

Manders & Taylor said...

What an awesome time! That beach is really pretty! See u in a couple days! eek!

Devon and Shawnie Blake said...

What a fun trip! Water looks perfect! How you guys doing? you've been tagged :D

Trisha and Garrett said...

wow zack is a stud