August 25, 2008

Car Washing

Before Jordan met me he kept a pretty neat & tidy ship. He always had a clean truck! He's says it was to impress the ladies but we all know the truth to that one. Fabulous Freddy's knew him by name and when Saturday came he always paid them a visit. Well, during his married life - things haven't been quite the same for his truck. His $30 car wash seems to be put on the back burner for non-sufficient funds or lack of time.

Our nightly routine is pretty consistant. I come home from work and dinner is almost ready, we eat, I do the dishes, then together we walk to get the mail. And most nights we keep walking to check out the houses being built around us and end up walking around the neighborhood. Tonight, I noticed our plants in the front yard were in dying need of some water [our extremely high HOA fees are suppose to cover all front yard expenses, watering, gardening, etc - so this makes me upset. Where is all my money going every month if my yard is dying. I'll leave this for another time.]

Anyhow, while I had the hose out I decided that I should wash my car real quick since it had been way past due for some tender loving care. And it just turned into washing our cars for FHE. It was actually really fun, and I enjoyed some quality time with Jord other than just watching tv like we do every other night after work. Too bad I had to stand on my tippie-toes to reach the top of the beast. No wonder he pays Freddy to do the dirty work.

I'm loving the free part of these car washes. Imagine that - it didn't cost us a thing. We might have to venture down this road a few more times.


These pictures make it seem like it was dark outside, but it wasn't yet.

4 comments:

Kara said...

I used to almost always wash my own car in front of my parents house, but now that we live in apartments we aren't allowed to wash our cars on the property. I can't wait until I have my own place!

Cardalls said...

amazing what you can do without on the limited newlywed budget (oh who am I kidding 12 years and 4 kids later we still have a tight budget!).

Manders & Taylor said...

Very cute! It's little spontaneous moments like that- that are the best!

Meg said...

Hey jenn can I get yalls address? I need to add it to my mission list. Thanks girl!!