December 30, 2009

Christmas '09

We had a fantastic Christmas. We bounced from one family to the other for three days straight and although I get tired these days -- I love having BOTH families so close to spend the holidays with.


We spent Christmas Eve with my parents and two brothers' and their families. We had our traditional Christmas Eve dinner and opening our sibling gifts and presents from my parents.

Later that night, we went to the Shields' and continued on the tradition of reading about the Saviors birth, and exchanging sibling gifts. We spent the night and enjoy Christmas morning with the Shields.

Jordan spoiled me like no other. I’ve figured out his system. Jordan LOVES Christmas and everything to do with it. He loves buying gifts and making his mom wrap them all nice. For my birthday - he does fine, our anniversary - he’s ok, and mother’s day - he hasn’t quite figured out yet but CHRISTMAS- he does fantastic! He buys everything on my list, and some. . . this year was no exception.


I'm still trying to figure out why I bought Jordan a xbox game chair. But the things you do you make your husband happy.
We got to talk to SCOTTY on Christmas. He totally has a mexican accent, but sounds really good. I miss my Scotty. Only one more phone call -- he comes home in 5 months!

We enjoyed Christmas dinner with the Shields, and Jordan's extended family. I love their family get-togethers.

We look a family picture (minus Bekah, David & Scotty) with my grandparents at the Marx Family Christmas party, the day after Christmas. My grandpa is getting so old and frail, it makes me so sad to think of him as getting old.

Matt, Ashley, Mom, Dad, Brad, Kara, me, Jordan
Charlie, Drew, Grandpa, Grandma, Hallie

Last night we took down our tree, and all our Christmas decorations (I act like we have so many, it took us like 15 mintues) and it made me sad to think that another year has come and gone and Christmas is over. But I'm excited for next year to have a little one to share the Christmas festivities with.

3 comments:

Janell said...

Jen, I'm so glad that you had a great Christmas! It sounds like Jordan is following in the footsteps of his dad. (A good present giver). 15 minutes to take down christmas? That way you said that makes me giggle. At my house, if EVERYONE helps it will take at least 2 HOURS. Much better than putting it up though.
3 DAYS!!

Kara said...

so funny that we were talking the night before about jordan not wanting to spend the money on a glider. looks like you got it!
oh, and i love the kiss impersonation hallie's doing in the pic with grandma and grandpa. what a weirdo.

Chattin said...

I like the Marx family picture; I like your mom's hair dark. That is so cute Jordan is so into Christmas hehe.