I never knew buying a house was so stressful. Interest rates? PMI? Homeowners Insurance? HOA fees? transfer taxes? "Yes, we have 100% financing available." Nope, they were wrong, if you want the house 5% down. Plus utilities every month. Oh, and don't forget closing costs. I've spent so many sleepless nights wondering whether or not we could really afford it. I know we can but is it worth it to be so stretched to the max you don't have any extra to have fun. This totally could be my young immaturity talking so I've realized, yes it is - where there's a will, there's a way. For the past four months we've saved every paycheck just short of tithing and gas. Seriously, its going to be a sad day when we have to go buy our own ice cream (Thanks guys for letting us sneak in every night to steal a bowl). Yesterday we did our pre-closing walk-through, and it was amazing. To see all the upgrades we spent many days nitpicking back and forth on what we would rather have, "if you get this, then we can't get that" drama, was all worth it. Saying I'm so excited is an understatement! You always wonder if what you picked out - the countertop, cabinets, flooring, appliances - is really going to match ok? I freakin love it! I can't wait... It's going to be so nice to not have to eat on the couch or love sack anymore. 



And after all that worrying, everything really is going to be ok! We're suppose to close next Tuesday. And although I can not contain my excitement, we got the call it might be a few more days. On any normal day I probably would have given up and decided that nothing ever works out as planned so just don't count on it. But this time, I'm more than ok to wait another month if I have too. KB decided to drop the prices of the model homes and since we haven't closed yet (4 days short), they generously dropped the closing price of our home too! What? Are you serious, but I thought.. I totally thought wrong! All we're waiting on now is our lender to draw up new loan documents and we're good to go... this is pretty much the most exciting thing ever. So, if anyone wants to come be our neighbors, we would love to have you!
5 comments:
How exciting and stressful! I am so happy for you guys. Can't wait to see it.
That is the coolest thing that your house price dropped. I would wait for that too. So excited to see it.
That is the coolest thing that your house price dropped. I would wait for that too. So excited to see it.
Taylor and I want to be your neighbors! Too bad we're not ready (and won't be for about 8 years) to buy =(
But Yay!!! I cannot wait to come see your house! I'm counting on early August-ish if I can afford it?
I am so glad that things with your house are going great! Great time to buy I guess! I can't wait to see your place, you better call me over soon! love ya and miss ya!
Sarah
Post a Comment