March 27, 2008

Congratulations! Scotty went through the temple last Saturday to receive his endowments. I'm really glad we were able to be there with him. It's really cool to think my parents are five for five. It's taken alot of work over the years and we all came out on top. I'm really looking forward to June, when Brad & Kara can be here and we'll all be there together. Scotty is just pretty much amazing (next to Jordan). I miss our car drives when we fight over who's driving and I always let him win, the late nights when he comes and lays in bed with me and tells me his "drama", and I love how he brightens a room with his jokes and laughter. Scotty is awesome, we love him!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!Matt & Ashley celebrated five years last weekend. It's hard to believe they got married that long ago. What was I doing five years ago when they were getting married? Being a teenage brat I'm sure. I'm not gonna lie, having another girl come into our family was hard. Especially being the first to get married. I know I wasn't always the nicest "new" sister but now I wouldn't want it any other way. Ashley is so awesome! There are so many things that she does without any recognition. I really look up to her. She's a great mom! She loves to cook (and she's good at it). She's always willing to help out, and I've never heard her complain. I just want her to know how much I love her and love having her apart of our family. Happy Easter! We decided to drive up to Cedar and spend Easter Sunday with the Shields at the cabin. It was late but I'm so glad we made the drive. I love "escaping" from the world and with no phone service, and a movies only rule, it's nice to get away. We enjoyed our time there.

We had a massive Easter egg hunt, with lots of searching high and low. A total of 590 eggs and we managed to find all but a few.
and the WINNER...

Ashley found the $100 dollar egg we didn't even know was out there.

Lulu was very excited about the money she found in her egg. Shake it girl. We enjoyed her dollar dance.
And don't know what was up with this picture, but Jordan enjoyed his basket full of reeces, his favorite.

Jordan, "Some BUNNY loves you." The Easter bunny got him tickets to Major League Weekend for the Chicago Cubs/Seattle Mariners game friday night. We're so excited that baseball season is starting up.

XBOX. preface: I didn't know my husband played video games. He never played before we got married, at least I thought. Until I come home from work after him now and he's always inside playing his brothers on the Xbox or by himself. I asked him one time, "since when do you play video games," and he shot back, "what do you think I did on Friday nights before I met you? Sam's jealous now because I don't play him anymore." Well sorry boys for the inconvience I caused, but I don't think it's slowed you down much. The "who's better" card in this weekends rounds of basketball tournament is officially undetermined since Sam beat Jordan, and then Jordan redeemed himself and won. So the quest continues..

I think the best thing about the cabin is the four-wheeling galore. It's the perfect place with mountain trails every which direction. You can ride to different ponds or just get lost for miles. We enjoyed going on a little joy ride!
These are the new mini-me's Pete bought for his grandchildren, the Turner girls.

HouseWork. Since we closed on our house on Monday, everynight we've been over there painting the garage floor, kitchen, dining room, family room, and hallway downstairs. We've been putting up blinds, grouting rock on the bar and brim divider. And last night, it is starting to look complete and I couldn't be more excited! I know we could have hired someone do to this for us, but it makes me love it even more to know we spent so much time doing it ourselves. It's been alot of hard work and I'm so happy about how's turning out. Jordan's learning to be more handy, haha, and our parents have come over every night too and helped us with various things. We are so grateful to have both sets so close and so willing to help out where they can. We are so blessed with such great parents!

Pete is the master at edges and painting straight lines.

My mom is the queen at adjusting blinds.My dad is just cool!
I promise Terri did help alot edging corners and taping, i think its funny the only picture i got was her standing, sorry :)

If I have to be domestic, then Jordan has to learn to fulfill my visions, hence the rock walls. I love them. (this is underneath the bar).

and LOOK who's turning 1! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Cha Cha! I can't believe my niece Charlie is already one. Time sure does fly by and she's getting cuter and cuter every day. . .

4 comments:

Jason & D'On Marx said...

Sure looks like you had a lot of fun with everything. You'll have to post the after pictures of your house when its done.

Ashley and Matt Marx said...

That is a lot of info for one post. Thanks for the nice compliments. I can not wait to see your place.

Manders & Taylor said...

You just knock 'em all out, don't cha? Lol, I loved the post. Your house is looking so good!! And Taylor and I wanna be in the Shileds family, look's like y'alls Easter was tha BoMb!!

Kara said...

I love the update! Looks like a lot of fun stuff has/is happening. I can't wait to see your house.