April 16, 2010

405 pages.

Books and I have a love/hate relationship.

People [magazine] on the other hand has a small piece of my heart. I’m addicted. It’s my mom’s fault for exposing me to the gem and financing the subscriptions for so many years. Friday is my Christmas when the beauty comes in the mail. And Saturday is pure bliss when I get to read my little heart out.

Other than my boyfriend People, I don’t normally leisurely read.

Until I saw the preview for The Last Song.

I was more than excited, even if it did have the ms. tween heartthrob in it. I love Nicholas Sparks. And I love all of his motion pictures, once novels. There’s only one small problem. I can count on one hand the times Jordan & I have gone to the movies since we started dating (3 years ago). He loves going. I would rather wait until it comes out on DVD. I just can not justify going to the movies. It costs a million dollars these days by the time you buy tickets, an icee and popcorn. And yes, you don’t really have to buy the extras but then what’s the point of going to the movies?

Since my first sighting, I’ve been so anxious to go see it. Until reality sets in and I just had a baby – and let’s face it. I don’t get out much. After days and days of seeing the oh-so-cute trailer in what seemed like every commercial break just calling out at me. I called Trisha, who has every book printed, to see if I could borrow it. I figured I could read during my intermissions with babe just to get a small does of what I was missing out on.

I finished it in a week and let’s just say. SO CUTE! SO SAD! COULD PICTURE EVERY MOMENT! And now I REALLY have to go see the movie, more now than ever...

7 comments:

Melissa said...

That was a very good book! I will be waiting for it to come out on DVD!!

Rebekah Mills said...

I'll babysit, of course!! You should go enjoy... but the movie never measures up to the book. With anything. Case and Point: Harry Potter

Kara said...

Thanks for the book recommendation. I've been needing a good book to read. The movie will probably disappoint you though so it would be in your best interest not to see it.

Good Book: My Sister's Keeper. HORRIBLE movie. My life would've been better if I hadn't watched it. Nothing is ever as good as the book.

Unknown said...

Jenn, you could totally bring the babe with you to the movies. The smaller they are, the easier it is because all they do is eat and sleep. You don't have to worry about them wiggling around and making noise. (I talk like I know. Lol! I just know from going to the movies with my sister when her her baby was small.):-)

Unknown said...

Hopefully this movie won't disappoint because he wrote the screenplay before the book. We should have a girls day with my Mom and go see it!

Stephen and Kjerstin said...

It was good. Like everyone else said, the books are always better but they did a nice job with the movie.

ashley said...

ummm i lovedddd the movie!!

although i have not yet read the book.

go see it. ill go with you!

ps.
i love nicholas sparks too.