April 27, 2010

FHE: Dodgeball

Our pretend family (the Turners) invited Jordan's parents, Sam and us to go play Dodgeball for Family Home Evening. Can I just tell you I haven't laughed so hard in my life... Pete took it very seriously, just check out his outfit...
Carson just hung-out, totally barricaded under a table with chairs.
 Ashley was in charge for the night, she's been wanting to play for weeks.
We had alot of fun, thanks Turners for the invite. It was a great workout too. I think we should do it more often.
We can never leave the church with out Jordan and Sam trying to out do each other in basketball.



I love this time of year. It’s still cool and nice outside and the pool is so warm (it’s like 89 degrees, almost too warm). But swimming at night is the best. After a much heated game of Dodgeball we all decided to go for a swim, even Carson too. He looked so cute in his little swim trunks! He was constantly kicking his feet and ooo-and-aww-ing. He totally smiles now, I love it. I know he can’t talk but no screaming to me means he likes. I really think he's going to be a fish, well with his dad he kinda has too since he loves swimming so much.

I thought it would wear him out and maybe he would sleep longer at night. ;) No go. Same schedule like clock-work. But that’s ok. I’m use to it.

6 comments:

Kim Marx said...

Looks like fun. Night swimming is he best because you don't get b.u.r.n.e.d. Lucky for him, looks like Carson has Jordan's darker skin tone.

Unknown said...

My dad is such a nerd! Looks like fun! I'm sad we missed out, but sadly grocery shopping was a must that night!

Sheree Flick Photography said...

There isn't a more fun game! I should really get my family to do this for FHE after our little guy comes. Speaking of little guys... I LOVE the swim trunks! :)

Janell said...

Had to laugh when I saw the barricade. Good idea! Looks like a fun night! I'm so glad that Carson likes the pool....he'll be a fish before you know it!

PS Is it just me or does that boy look like his daddy?

Big little Bro said...

He is such a little Shields boy I think he looks like his Daddy and Uncles! A chubby little Shields boy..love the rolls!

Cardalls said...

that was cheryl commenting by the way....i was logged in under Dave's account.