April 19, 2010

One Month

Carson is one month today. It really does go by so fast. He's starting to be more alert and awake these days. I think we've established that the boy really does have red hair. Not bright Shields red but more soft Marx red. (That's right, both Jordan's family and my family have red hair, so it's inevitable... I wonder if all our kids will have red hair?)

He still isn't sleeping completely through the night, but that's okay. I get up at the exact same time every night with him so at least he's predictable.

Jordan and I are having so much fun with him. I sit and cuddle with him and can't believe we actually have a baby, and he's all ours. I love being his mom. I love knowing exactly how he likes to be held, and figuring out the little tricks to comfort him. He has brought so much happiness to our little family in such a short time.

The many faces of Carson.

3 comments:

Kara said...

Look at that belly! So cute.
Who knows about his hair. It'll fall out around 3 months and maybe come in brown for all we know. I need to hold him before he gets too big!

Cardalls said...

how cute is he?? adorable!!

Sara Bingham said...

I agree about the hair comment. Ethan was born with tons of black hair. he looked like elvis. but around 4 mo it started to really thin & lighten up. now look at him. Anyway, i really hope we make it to vegas to see you & this little cutie before he's crawling around. miss ya!