April 12, 2010

Carson's Baby Blessing

We blessed Carson on Sunday in the Sierra Ranch Ward. I prayed that Carson would sleep during the blessing and my prayers were answered, the boy was out like a light. It was great to have so many family there to support us. We both have such large extended families here in town that we decided to keep it small and just have our immediate family come.
Jordan did a great job on the blessing. The spirit was felt so strong and I couldn't help shedding tears for my two boys. I'm grateful for a husband who honors and excercises his priesthood. He has surpassed my expectations as a husband and father and seizes to amaze me everyday.
Afterwards, I prepared my very first "family" meal and I would say I did quite well for myself. It was simple but lovely. One day I'm going to be the hostess queen like my mom and mother-in-law.

5 comments:

D'On Marx said...

Looks like a great turnout. I love baby blessings. It's like the kick-off to many blessings to come.

ashley said...

whatever.


jk

Cardalls said...

Four of my favorite days in life are the baby blessings of my 4 kids...such a sweet moment to see your husband take that tiny baby to bless him with his priesthood! What a great day!

Kim Marx said...

I think you're ready to host anything. The day was lovely.

Unknown said...

Jenn, you and Jordan are the cutest little parents. Baby Carson is so cute, and we can't wait to meet him! P.S. You're a fabulous hostess!